Articles :: How to Setup a Simple Network Part 3 - Windows 98SE :: Motherboards.org
Niso Levitas · 08-05-2002 · Category:
How to Find and Connect Shared Folders and Printer
File or Folder Sharing
- For direct access click on Network Neighborhood.
- Click on Entire Network.
- Click on the Workgroup name.
- Click on the Computer name you like to connect.
- If you just want to see that folder temporarily. You may click on it. If you will use that share often right click on it and choose Map Network Drive.
- You will assign a drive name for that share now. If you want to see that share after you restart your computer, check "Reconnect at Logon" Box. Click OK.
- When you click on My computer, you can click on the assigned drive name and connect to that share anytime.
Search and Find
- If you want to look for a specific computer. Click on Find-Computer in Start Menu.
- Type the name of the computer you are looking for and click on Find now.
- When it found it, click on the computer name.
Configuring The Network Printer
- Find the computer which the printer you need to use is connected by above methods. Right click on the shared printer and choose install.
- Standard Printer installation will start.
- After installation you may see that among your installed printers.
- Basic Network Setup for Windows 98SE
- How to Find and Connect Shared Folders and Printer
- Preparing Dial-up Connections for Windows 98SE
- Preparing your Ethernet/Router Connection for Windows
- Sharing Your Internet Connection with Windows 98SE